Outsourcing the Intranet makes sense for a company that wants to take the load off the I.T department, increasing business uptime and decreasing the manageable complexity of a network between regional & metropolitan sites.
- Simplifies the connectivity between sites no matter where they are in Australia.
- Most providers offer 99.9% uptime.
- If a leasing or rental of equipment was chosen, the hardware is kept up to date and replaced as per SLA.
- New sites can be added to the network with ease
- Service provider can offer low contention ratios based on the connection type.
- Cost, these services especially BDSL type services can be costly.
- Contract lengths need to be considered.
- Un-expected price changes in the future; this could be a Pro too.
- Network maintenance in regional areas will have a long response time, as per SLA provided.
When look for a suitable solution for your company, the technical side of the site connection to the provider must be considered.
- Details of network techlologies used
- Specs of equipent
Recommended companies offering these resources: