Clearing the DNS cache (advanced users only)
This documnet show the procedure for clearing the DNS cache in Windows.
Extra steps for clearing the DNS Cache Windows Vista & 7:
1. Click the Windows logo or start button.
2. Click All Programs
3. Click Accessories
4. RIGHT-click on Command Prompt
5. and go to Run As Administrator
6. then follow fig.3 steps onwards for all versions of Windows
Procedure for clearing the DNS Cache for WINDOWS 2000/XP and all others:
- Go to Start -> Run (fig.1)
fig.1 Start -> Run
- When the run dialoge box appears (fig.2) type "cmd" and click ok or press enter.
fig.2 - Run dialoge box
- When the command prompt loads (fig.3) type "ipconfig /flushdns"
fig.3 - ipconfig /flushdns
- Press the enter key after the command and it will execute the command (fig.4)
fig.4 - Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache
You have now cleared the DNS Cache.